Thursday, January 8, 2015

Classic Movies

Day 295: Classic Movies
Dear Mom and Dad (two of my very few readers):

Thanks for reading my blog regularly enough that I'm pretty sure you'll get this message. I love getting your email comments.

Question: would you please accept these five DVDs for your collection at Gros Cap? Gros Cap would be a great place second home for these outstanding classics. Time is fluid there. The place has enough amenities to be comfortable, and is just low tech enough to foster deep relaxation. No computers, but a broad collection of highly readable paperbacks, ranging from Jim Harrison to Tony Hillerman. No wifi, but a DVD player and a sizable collection of fun-to-watch movies. You've got all our favorites: Young Frankenstein. My Cousin Vinnie. Men in Black. So I Married an Ax Murderer. These would be an excellent addition to the library: fun to watch, excellent execution, tense enough to be engrossing but not so scary that you'd want to go stay in a Holiday Inn near the freeway.

Rich and I love classic movies, especially Alfred Hitchcock. But we're all about streaming these days.

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I read your blog regularly too. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, me too! I even downloaded the Fitness Pal app thanks to your post. :)

    ReplyDelete