Friday, January 23, 2015

General Cleansing

Day 310: General Cleansing
Feng shui!
I did myself proud last Sunday, with Rich's encouragement. I personally selected and installed a new HDTV (that's high definition television for you Luddites), an Apple TV and a rotating wall mount. I also removed our dying desktop computer (we've all got laptops now) and organized the spaghetti wires connecting the speakers, receiver, printer, wifi transmitter, modem, television and Apple TV. I've transformed our messy and un-feng shui computer desk into a neatly organized entertainment/office area.

Not feng shui!




The pleasing anti-clutter, however, just magnifies the disturbing uber-clutter directly across.


Emblematic of a boatload of junk
I've gotten rid of a great deal from these cluttered shelves, but somehow, they still look awful. So this morning, I went through them shelf by shelf to figure out why. I won't bore you with the details, but involved a fair amount of recycling, several musical instruments, a hefty black Coleman flashlight, miscellaneous battery chargers for unspecified electronics, and a bunch of books on the shelves but not quite shelved. This little cardboard box, which went into the recycling bin, is a symbol of all the rest of the recycling and outright trash that went into creating a more peaceful place for my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment