Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Innocent Man and Other Books

Day 316: The Innocent Man and Other Books
I had a longer, more involved post planned for today, but I've walked 8.3 miles and I'm tired. I know that I've walked 8.3 miles because my phone came with an app that counts your footsteps and distance walked daily. The data is probably stored in a database somewhere and if anyone cared, they could pay money to find out how many miles were walked in Ann arbor today, and where. Brave New World. Yeah.

I covered these miles grocery shopping, working an hour or two on Botanical Gardens stuff, folding laundry, setting Sam up for his first Arb work day (he's getting high school credits for learning how to lead a work day), helping Kaeli take algae samples in the Conservatory for her science project (much more complicated than I had imagined, involving trips to the staff kitchen), walking the dog, and buying upholstery fabric at Joann's to try to breathe a little life into our tired old sofa cushions. I also promised to make chicken legs for dinner, but I gotta say, pizza is starting to sound pretty good.

And this is the simplified life, with less to do, now that Emma's away at College and Sam is driving himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment