Monday, February 9, 2015

Camel-Colored Pea Coat

Day 325: Camel-Colored Pea Coat
I'm taking a page out of Jeff Plakke's playbook and getting rid of something that's really nice. I haven't worn this coat all winter, and I'm pretty sure I'll never wear it again. I got two great coats at the start of the season, and they fit better and make me feel cuter than this one.

Still, this one is almost new. It's high quality. It looks professional.

Jeff says he's teaching himself to let go of good stuff by imagining the person on the other end of the transaction. The one who gets the find.

Who doesn't love a good Salvation Army find? I got a great pair of Dansko shoes once. A pair of J. Jill pants with the tags still on. An Anne Klein mustard-colored felt jacket. A pair of stoneware bowls, oven safe. Bake-King cake pans with the pivoting cutter like my mother used to have.

If nobody wanted to give away the almost new, high quality, professional-looking stuff they never wear, I'd never get a good find. By giving away this coat, I'm keeping the good find karma flowing.

When this is all over, I'm celebrating with a thrift store crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment