Friday, November 7, 2014

Contents of the Junk Drawer

Day 233: Contents of the Junk Drawer
I didn't realize I had a junk drawer, until I opened the small drawer in our credenza and noticed all the junk. Here's what I found and either threw away or added to the Goodwill box:

  • Hardware to go with the curtain rods that I put in the Goodwill box a few days ago. Sam was supposed to drop all that stuff off at the Goodwill last weekend, but luckily, he forgot. Now the rods and the hardware are in the same box.
  • Three coasters from different brew pubs. We had thought this would be a good way to remember what local brews we'd tried. The idea clearly lasted for three outings, and then we stuffed the idea away and forgot about it.
  • A leather phone case that does not fit any of our phones.
  • A hex wrench that clearly came with a piece of assemble-it-yourself Ikea furniture, and a broken folding plier and penknife.
  • Business cards for people I don't remember.
  • A partial broken Christmas ornament.
  • A broken shell necklace and a broken headband.
  • A stiff, corroded eraser that no longer works.
I also found a huge fistful of pens, colored pencils and crayons, now stowed in their proper places.
The only thing left in the drawer is a half-dozen pairs of cheap sunglasses. Time to rename the drawer.

I may regret my decision to combine the contents of the junk drawer into a single day. I'm starting to feel cocky now that I'm almost two-thirds of the way there.



1 comment:

  1. I think The Stiff, Corroded Erasers would be a good band name.

    ReplyDelete