Wednesday, November 19, 2014

More Chicken Stuff

Day 245: More Chicken Stuff
Call me a pessimist, but I have lost confidence that the chickenkeeper from Craig's List is actually going to follow through on his promise to purchase my hens and their gear for $25. I sent him a text asking if he really intends to follow through on this deal, and got a one word response: Yes.

$25 doesn't mean much to me. I hate waiting, and missed appointments, and complex arrangements. I decided to take Joni's advice and give the chickens to our co-worker Judy, along with all their gear. So tomorrow, they're taking a car ride to the Botanical Gardens in a dog crate with newspapers lining the bottom. I'll give them the last of the bruised apples and the chemical-tasting off-brand vanilla wafers to entertain them, and I'll hang their water dispenser and feeder in the crate too. I have a feeling they'll get a steady stream of visitors all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment