Friday, April 18, 2014

Complete Guide to Home Improvement

Day 30: Bookshelf #3 - Time-Life Complete Guide to Home Improvement, Julie & Julia, and Other Good Reads
My neighbors built this little
free library in their front yard.
Anybody can add or take away books.
If your looking for a good read,
these are in the little free library
Today I'm giving away good reads that will go over well in the little free library around the corner. Included amongst them, Julie & Julia, one of the books that inspired this stuff project. I love reading books about ordinary people who set challenges for themselves and gain insight from the experience. However, I found Julie Powell to be neither a deep thinker nor especially likable.

My minimum goal is to get to where the books are stacked only one deep. Also they should be standing on their edges and not stacked on their sides (which, as you probably know, fits a few more on the shelf).

Another internet casualty:
I haven't cracked this book in years.
I've been using DIY videos
I am keeping a 2009 Tappan Middle school yearbook (although perhaps those years are best forgotten), six plays and monologues for student actors, and a book about the history of soccer (authored by my brother Karl). I am also keeping two cookbooks: the Moosewood and Fanny Farmer.

Come to think of it, I couldn't find a sauteed chicken recipe in Fanny Farmer yesterday and had to wing it because my iPad was at work. Maybe I should give away Fanny Farmer and the Moosewood after all.

Nah.




3 comments:

  1. I just brought home a few books that were on my shelf at work. Sorry. At least I'm reading one of them right now and probably will read the other 2 also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my Tappan yearbooks. Maybe relocate them to the proper kid's room?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Julie Powell's Cleaving and she became even more unlikable in that one. My bookshelves are neither one deep nor all standing upright.

    ReplyDelete