Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Harpo's Girlfriend

Day 42: Harpo's Girlfriend



Harpo's girlfriend is nasty. I've washed it several times, but it still smells of our old dog Chester and who knows what else. Every time I sit on the sofa near the dog crate, I can smell it. Sorry, Goodwill. I know you would have sold it to a ragpicker to make into household insulation, but I can't bring myself to make your volunteers go through the experience of handling Harpo's girlfriend. It's going straight to the trash.

I'll make a new cushion cover for him out of old towels. I hope he doesn't pine for too long, but I believe it's healthier to end this obsession.


4 comments:

  1. This is the funniest yet most disturbing post yet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me think of the lyrics from a song by New Order (a great band from the 90s):
    "He's got style, he's got class, but most of all he's got Love Technique."

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I didn't need to see that, but thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete