Saturday, May 3, 2014

Composter

Day 45: Envirocycle Composter
I'm no chemist. The sad truth is, no matter what kind of compost operation I try, I can't get it right. I've

tried open piles, beehives, and rollers.

I give up.

There's nothing wrong with this Envirocycle composter. It's a little heavy to spin, but otherwise, it works fine. It's just that you fill it up once and then it has to sit there for weeks. By the time the compost has cooked, you've forgotten all about it and it just sits there for a few more months, filled with dirt and taking up space. When you remember it, the amount of compost isn't quite enough to cover your beds, so you've got to go buy some more. If you've got to buy compost anyway, why not just let the City take care of everything?

For sale: one Envirocycle composter. If somebody bites, I'm taking Joe and Larry out to dinner. They're the ones who gave it to me. Thanks for the thought, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment