Sunday, December 14, 2014

Needlepoint and Frame

Day 270: Needlepoint and Frame
A canvas only a mother could love: Nobody Here But Us Chickens. I'm not happy with it. The sun is too dark, the chickens too white, the sky too dark. I've been flummoxed as to what to do with it. I wouldn't want to hang in on the wall, where I'd have to look at it every day and feel dissatisfied, which makes the oval frame for which I made it also problematic. It's an odd shape, unsuitable to convert to a pillow or a handbag.  I've invested too many hours - too much thought, too much effort - just to throw it away. I can't bear the thought of giving it to the Goodwill and having someone buy it for $2 - or worse yet, decline to buy it for $2. But honestly, who would want it?

Answer: my mother! When she stopped by this afternoon and saw this piece - cast aside and unwanted on the back of the sofa - she asked if she could have it! Thanks, Mom!

Now, onto the next piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment