Sunday, June 15, 2014

Go Blue! Garden Gnome

Day 88: Go Blue! Garden Gnome
My father believes that some of my blog postings are good enough for the Huffington Post. He contributes generously to the Arb & Gardens, in part because he thinks it's a well-run organization. (It must be! I'm in charge.) He believes my husband is lucky to have me as his wife, and my children are lucky to have me as their mother. If I can't make it to family dinner on Sundays (as often happens with our busy schedules), he sometimes tries to convince me that it would actually be more convenient to stop by his house briefly to scarf down the dinner he cooks than to prepare food at home. When I do make it to family dinner, he likes me to linger. 

In short, I am the happy recipient of my father's unconditional love.

For Father's Day, I am giving him this Go Blue! garden gnome. I received this gnome as an award for being the woman who logged the most Active U minutes at work. There's poetic justice in that, because my father and I used to go running together, back when I was a miserable middle school student. We'd run around Pleasant Lake, where we had a weekend cottage, and sometimes enter 10K races together.

Also, he loves the University of Michigan. Our nuclear family has eight degrees from U-M, he says, and our extended family, many more. His father played football for Michigan, back in the twenties.

Happy father's day, Dad! Thanks for everything.


2 comments:

  1. oooh, I was so getting ready to pay postage for that! =) Glad it's going to your dad, though. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is correct on all the points you cite above.

    ReplyDelete