Monday, June 16, 2014

The Other Boleyn Girl and Other Books

Day 89: The Other Boleyn Girl and Other Books
I can't figure out why this uploads
upside-down. It is correctly oriented
on my computer
My once empty, well-organized basement is becoming overwhelmed with cardboard boxes. This is a side effect of the stuff project. It is not enough to identify the items to be gotten rid of and to write about them. The errands must also be run. I feel good about getting rid of stuff in a way that makes better use of it all than just taking it all to the dump or the PTO Thrift Shop.

But this more nuanced approach takes work.

Luckily, Sam got his driver's license Friday. I've decided that he can pay for the use of the car by running errands. First errand: load the charity boxes in the car and drop them off at the PTO. Future errands will include taking the bookshelf to Summers Knoll School, taking the dresser to my brother's house, mailing the marbles to my cousin's son, chopping the legs off the resin chairs so they can be recycled, carrying books to the little free library (I suspect some homeless person steals and resells the books from it because it is always empty), taking magazines to the free magazine rack at the downtown library (Ann Arborites seem to have an infinite appetite for magazines) and going to the hardware store to buy light bulbs for the gooseneck lamp we decided not to give away after all.

I hope to be caught up before he returns to school in the fall.

1 comment: