Friday, September 5, 2014

Coyote Pelt with Bullet Hole

Day 170: Coyote Pelt with Bullet Hole
How in the world did we come to possess this coyote pelt with a bullet hole in it? It emerged when we did the room switch, but no one who lives here seems to feel ownership for it. 

Since I've become a more sophisticated environmentalist, I've lost my yuppie liberal distaste for hunting. I'm a supporter of deer culling. Deer are disease vectors and ecosystem destroyers. In the absence of sufficient predators, they take over, and their overpopulation isn't good for them or anything else as food and other resources become scarce. I'll never forget my first tour bus ride with a bevy of botanical gardens professionals. The bus driver pulled over to the side of the road to point out a grazing herd, and a riot almost broke out.

Deer hunting, good. Coyote hunting, bad. Wolf hunting, bad.

I suspect that this coyote pelt belongs to a younger brother. We have several. We also have over a thousand square feet of unfinished basement, nearly empty. Three younger brothers have had stuff stored in our basement at one time or another. 

Little brothers, if you want this coyote pelt, speak now.

1 comment: