Thursday, September 25, 2014

Toy Shelf

Day 189: Toy Shelf
One thing I'm starting to accumulate: empty shelves. Why is it so difficult to decide to get rid of them? I tell myself that this stuff project is changing the way I think about stuff, changing how I bring objects into my home, burnishing me so that I have only what's useful or beautiful. But I can guarantee that, if I fill all the empty shelves now scattered about the basement, it will not be with burnished objects. 

So here goes the first shelf, easy to get rid of because it's too small, and dinged up, and best suited for a little girl's toys. I only have a big girl now. 

If this doesn't hurt too much, maybe next week I'll think about that rusty utility shelf in the Michigan basement room, or that pressboard toy cabinet in the garage, or that old laminated bookshelf in our tool room. All empty now, just waiting to magnetize useless stuff. Yeah. 

Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment