Wednesday, September 3, 2014

More Tablecloths

Day 168: More Tablecloths
The end is near, I can feel it. I had planned to spend the rest of the week cleaning out the medicine cabinet, under the sink, the drawers and the small cupboard in the upstairs bathroom. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that two of the three drawers were already empty, as is the space under the sink and most of the cupboard. A whole week of getting rid of stuff, gone.

I have a few more items in a bin in the basement that I have identified for getting rid of. I haven't blogged about them yet. These three tablecloths, an old coat, a mattress pad, a bowling pin, a broken puppet. Another week's worth, perhaps. We haven't hit the music studio yet. I imagine there are still a few more items in the garage and the tool shed. Perhaps a suitcase or two that can move on to a new home, and those old tax files. I could probably glean some stuff out of the Christmas box and my bin of childhood momentos.

All this might add up to a month's worth. Maybe two, stretching it.

That will be a good thing, right? It will mean everything in my house either brings joy, or has a use. But what then? Will I quit the stuff project? Move on to Catriona's office (as she keeps hinting)? Perhaps I could start getting rid of bad habits, or bad relationships (do I have any?), or the mice in the basement, the carpenter bees, and our house in Saint Augustine. Perhaps I could try getting rid of my monkey mind. No more spinning thoughts. Daily meditation.

Now that I think of it, maybe things are just starting to get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment